The last 20 years between Richmond and Collingwood has seen the Magpies hold sway quite significantly. The subsequent margins between the two clubs have either been really close, under 10 points, or have been more substantial. The Magpies were untouchable during their premiership year and those years surrounding it and the Tigers were only one of the teams who failed to secure a win during this period, from 2007 to 2015. That said, in the past 20 years, Richmond has won 14 games against Collingwood.
The last time Richmond beat Collingwood was twice back in the 2015 season. Their previous win to that was all the way back in 2007 whilst they had a victory in almost every year from 1996 to 2006. Throughout the aforementioned 14 wins, Wayne Campbell led disposals in three of the games and in four games Matthew Richardson led the way on the scoreboard, in another game he was a multiple leading goal kicker. With regards to crowd attendance meanwhile – the biggest was 78, 638 in Round 4, 2001 whilst the lowest was 49, 550 in Round 19, 2007.
Below are Richmond’s top five biggest winning margins over Collingwood...
1. ROUND 21, 2015: Richmond beat Collingwood 147-56, a 91-point margin in front of 63, 178 at the MCG. Dustin Martin netted 32 disposals and Ty Vickery kicked six goals.
2. ROUND 4, 1999: Richmond beat Collingwood 146-96, a 50-point margin in front of 49, 609 at the MCG. Matthew Knights and Nick Daffy both netted 28 disposals and Ben Holland kicked four goals.
3. ROUND 10, 2000: Richmond beat Collingwood 102-54, a 48-point margin in front of 64, 769 at the MCG. Joel Bowden netted 31 disposals and Wayne Campbell, Brendon Gale and Marc Dragicevic all kicked three goals.
4. ROUND 13, 2006: Richmond beat Collingwood 92-45, a 47-point margin in front of 63, 016 at the MCG. Patrick Bowden netted 30 disposals and both Andrew Krakouer and Jay Schulz kicked three goals.
4. ROUND 1, 2004: Richmond beat Collingwood 97-57, a 40-point margin in front of 55, 622 at the MCG. Kane Johnson netted 31 disposals and Matthew Richardson kicked five goals.
What do you think will happen this Friday night?